September 2013 - The Votive Basilica of Saint Joan of Arc
The Basilica of Saint Joan of Arc was constructed to fulfill a vow to build a church in honor of the saint if the French capital were spared the onslaught of German forces that were massing outside the gates of Paris in September 1914. Read about the fascinating history of this church in this month's Paris Insights.
We've discovered a fine restaurant that seems to have been overlooked by both Anglophone and Francophone restaurant reviewers. Read this month's Le Bon Goût to learn about Madame est Servie and why we think that its chef, Nacer Melliti, is a rising star on the Paris culinary scene.
On September 8, 1429, Joan of Arc led her army in an attack on Paris at the Saint-Honoré gate. In this month's Paris, Past and Present, read about the plaque that has been placed at that location in honor of her valiant attempt to boot the English out of the city.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2013
- December 2013 - A Conversation with Régis Labourdette
- November 2013 - A Conversation with Ferdinand Ezembé
- October 2013 - The First Skyscraper in Paris
- September 2013 - The Votive Basilica of Saint Joan of Arc
- August 2013 - Pierre Charial - Noteur
- July 2013 - The Archaeological Crypt of the Square of Notre Dame Cathedral
- June 2013 - A Visit to Petit Mali – An African Neighborhood in Paris
- May 2013 - The Man Who Records Paris
- April 2013 - The Colonial Palace
- March 2013 - The Man Who Paints Paris
- February 2013 - Tasting Malagasy Chocolate from Five French Producers
- January 2013 - Sarah Rozenbaum Sells Vintage Apparel