October 2013 - The First Skyscraper in Paris
In the late 1950s, architect Edouard Albert erected a tall apartment building near Place d'Italie in the 13th arrondissement that was quickly dubbed "the first skyscraper in Paris." Read about this remarkable structure in this month's Paris Insights.
We've discovered Tempero, another fine restaurant that seems to have been overlooked by Anglophone restaurant reviewers. Operated by husband and wife team Olivier and Alessandra Montagne, Tempero is located near the Bibliothèque Nationale de France in the 13th arrondissement. Read our review in this month's Le Bon Goût.
Artist Jacques Lagrange is probably best remembered for his set designs for filmmaker Jacques Tati's Les Vacances de Monsieur Hulot (1953) and Playtime (1967). He also realized a monumental work—a painting on the ceiling of the terrace of the Croulebarbe Tower. Read our report in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2013
- December 2013 - A Conversation with Régis Labourdette
- November 2013 - A Conversation with Ferdinand Ezembé
- October 2013 - The First Skyscraper in Paris
- September 2013 - The Votive Basilica of Saint Joan of Arc
- August 2013 - Pierre Charial - Noteur
- July 2013 - The Archaeological Crypt of the Square of Notre Dame Cathedral
- June 2013 - A Visit to Petit Mali – An African Neighborhood in Paris
- May 2013 - The Man Who Records Paris
- April 2013 - The Colonial Palace
- March 2013 - The Man Who Paints Paris
- February 2013 - Tasting Malagasy Chocolate from Five French Producers
- January 2013 - Sarah Rozenbaum Sells Vintage Apparel