June 2006 - Wining and Dining with Juan Sánchez
Juan Sánchez is an American expat with a passion for food and wine. He moved to Paris from Miami, volunteered in restaurant kitchens for a couple of years, returned to Miami and then settled permanently in Paris. He attended a prestigious chef school upon his return, but instead of going back into the restaurant arena after graduation, he opened a wine store. Since 1996 he has been operating La Dernière Goutte, his second wine shop in the Saint-Germain-des-Prés quarter. Three years later he returned to cooking when he opened a restaurant, Fish, just a block away. Entrée to Black Paris recently had the opportunity to talk with him about his experiences in the City of Light.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2006
- December 2006 - Christmas Beer, Christmas Cheer!
- November 2006 - Homage to Man Ray
- October 2006 - A Dog's Life, a Good Life
- September 2006 - An American Defender of an Historical Landmark in Paris
- August 2006 - Ghosts of Saint-Michel
- July 2006 - Three Ladies and a Flame
- June 2006 - Wining and Dining with Juan Sánchez
- May 2006 - Saint-Sulpice
- April 2006 - How the Carrousel Garden Got Its Name
- March 2006 - A Queen, Her Palace and Her Garden
- February 2006 - Place Vendôme - A Square Fit for a King
- January 2006 - Copying the Masters