July 2012 - Musicians in the Metro - Part II
In last month’s Paris Insights we looked at the selection procedure that musicians must go through if they want a permit to perform in the corridors of the Paris metro. This month we take a look at two of the musicians, one French, the other American, who went through this process.
Gypsy jazz is alive and well in Paris! Read about the café that is considered to be the temple of this form of jazz in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
Last month we dined at Le Vin Sobre, a neighborhood restaurant that has been open since 2003. We talked with chef and owner Bertrand Guillemain, who got started in cuisine at a very young age. Read our review in this month's Le Bon Goût.
La Chope des Puces by www.DiscoverParis.net
Bertrand Guillemain by www.DiscoverParis.net
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2012
- December 2012 - The Man Who Put Paris in a Bottle
- November 2012 - Adieu Paris, We Hardly Knew Ye
- October 2012 - A New Bed and Breakfast Opens near Paris
- September 2012 - Chocolat the Clown
- August 2012 - Biodynamic Wine - A Step Beyond
- July 2012 - Musicians in the Metro - Part II
- June 2012 - Musicians in the Metro - Part I
- May 2012 - An American in Paris - Jenna Thornton
- April 2012 - Stress and the City: The Best Spas in Paris
- March 2012 - Bruno Quenioux – A Champion of Independently-produced Wines
- February 2012 - Tasting Ganaches Made from Venezuelan Chocolate
- January 2012 - Will the Last True Parisian to Leave the City Please Turn Out the Lights?