May 2012 - An American in Paris - Jenna Thornton
To write this month's Paris Insights, we interviewed Jenna Thornton, an American in Paris who is passionate about...olive oil! Read about her adventures in France and how her interest in the product developed.
Last month, we took a tour of the Saint-Denis food market where we met Philippe Rochette, owner and chef of a nearby bistrot called Chez Rochette. We had the occasion to eat there a few days later and enjoyed a great meal. Read about the delicious food that we dined on in this month's Le Bon Goût, the only full-length, Anglophone review of Chef Philippe's restaurant that you will find on the Internet.
Until the 17th century, Ile Saint-Louis, an island in the heart of Paris, was an undeveloped parcel of land used for jousting tournaments, washing laundry, fishing, archery, and boat construction. Read our brief history of the island in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2012
- December 2012 - The Man Who Put Paris in a Bottle
- November 2012 - Adieu Paris, We Hardly Knew Ye
- October 2012 - A New Bed and Breakfast Opens near Paris
- September 2012 - Chocolat the Clown
- August 2012 - Biodynamic Wine - A Step Beyond
- July 2012 - Musicians in the Metro - Part II
- June 2012 - Musicians in the Metro - Part I
- May 2012 - An American in Paris - Jenna Thornton
- April 2012 - Stress and the City: The Best Spas in Paris
- March 2012 - Bruno Quenioux – A Champion of Independently-produced Wines
- February 2012 - Tasting Ganaches Made from Venezuelan Chocolate
- January 2012 - Will the Last True Parisian to Leave the City Please Turn Out the Lights?