August 2002 - Paris-by-the-Beach
Welcome to Paris-by-the-Beach! Three kilometers (1.8 miles) of riverfront highway in the heart of Paris have been transformed into a resort strand, complete with beach volleyball, palm trees and ice cream stands. Creating a beach in the center of Paris has required the transport of 18,000 cubic meters (24,000 cubic yards) of sand, 80 palm trees, 150 beach umbrellas, 22 changing rooms, 150 decorative banners, 4 snack bars, and various other items, all supported by a $1.5 million budget that is being paid for by the city of Paris. Let the summer fun begin!
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2002
- December 2002 - Scenes of the Nativity at the Louvre
- November 2002 - The Influence of African Art in the Work of Matisse and Picasso
- October 2002 - An Autumn for the Arts
- September 2002 - Tourist or Traveler?
- August 2002 - Paris-by-the-Beach
- July 2002 - The Passion of Louis IX
- June 2002 - A Day in the Dungeon
- May 2002 - A Film Lover's Paradise
- April 2002 - Dining in Paris with Rebecca L. Spang
- March 2002 - The Chateau of Monte-Cristo
- February 2002 - Dinner at Percy's Place
- January 2002 - Return of the Bad Boy