December 2017 - Testimonial from Professor Claire Garcia
Colorado College Group
"In the Shadow of Montmartre" Walking Tour
© Entrée to Black Paris
Dr. Claire Garcia, Professor of English at Colorado College, has provided us with the following testimonial about our walk "In the Shadow of Montmartre." For information about this and other walks on African-American history in Paris, click here: https://www.entreetoblackparis.com/entree-to-black-paris.
Entrée to Black Paris Tours has become an indispensable element of my abroad class, Black Writers in Paris, which I have been teaching since 2005. Dr. Monique Wells brings a scholar’s deep knowledge and passion to the many aspects of Black Paris’s history. The walking tour “In the Shadow of Montmartre” is always very popular with students. Dr. Wells is a dynamic lecturer who can offer a wealth of information in an engaging way. One student said, “I turned into a child when we went on the walking tour around Montmartre. To even walk on the same streets as the great black artists and thinkers of their time was surreal. I felt blessed to see the places where these greats were, in particular, Langston Hughes.” Another student wrote that “One of my favorite parts of the tour was when we learned about the way in which jazz transcended racial, social, and economic lines in Paris.” My students love how effective the tour is in bringing a vanished and wonderful black past to life on the streets of modern Paris.
If you are planning a visit to Paris soon, be sure to read our book Dining Out in Paris before you get to the city. Containing essential information about French dining customs, it will give you confidence to enter a Paris restaurant to enjoy a wonderful meal.
Articles for 2017
- December 2017 - Testimonial from Professor Claire Garcia
- November 2017 - Entrée to Black Paris Has Launched a New Service: Black Paris Portraits
- October 2017 - Entrée to Black Paris Has Been Named a "Not-to-be-missed" Tour on the Paris Tourist Office Web Site
- October 2017 - The Brothers' Network Features Monique Y. Wells in October Editorial
- August 2017 - Three Summer Interns Have Contributed to our “Entrée to Black Paris,” “Paris Insights,” and "Les Amis de Beauford Delaney" Blogs
- June 2017 - Monique Y. Wells — Women in Travel and Tourism Award Winner
- April 2017 - Entrée to Black Paris is proud to work with La Cima Elementary Charter School on study abroad.